Estrategias de Lectura Antes Durante y Despues
Reading is a process where we can recreate both fictional and real scenarios, know new arithmetic operations or know new words, there are no borders for the topics that can be read and learned. The system known as the importance of reading strategies before during and after are based on the theory of the Ausubel pedagogue. This brilliant teacher created processes in which it would be easy to understand reading, concatenating the knowledge already had with those that were to be obtained.
When the reader encounters the main idea or context of the text, he imagines some ideas that are related to the context, but as the reader advances in reading, those thoughts are molded from the speculations that were to what in reality they are, directly related to the ideas that the author will propose next and so on. For this process to be carried out correctly, reading must be carried out in a motivating, creative and useful way.
Example: for a student in veterinary medicine, a book that talks about the anatomy of mammals should be motivating and recreational in the same way that for an informative it should be comforting to read about programming methods, at the same time that everyone is attracted to such reading Since it is what they like it will also be useful in the professional field.
Why use Reading Strategies Before During and After?
The method proposed by the before, during and after strategy goes far beyond reading a text and understanding the words that make up each sentence, doing a self-examination at the end of the reading to corroborate that we have learned something, read in a quiet place between Other techniques like that. It is about teaching young people, as a teacher, a few skills necessary to succeed in reading:
- According to what is known to be forming the sense of reading.
- Monitor the understanding of young people who cannot understand certain areas of reading such as some words or phrases.
- Guide your students or children so they can make effective summaries according to the interesting sentences they read.
- Advise that deductions and refutations be made in the opinion of the author in order to have a criterion of what was read.
- Ask those who ignore.
The Reading Strategies Before During and After explained in these three phases
Focus very well on:
- What is this text going to be read for, that is, knowing what it is being read for in order to establish an adequate reading strategy.
- What it is about: by asking yourself this, you can focus on the past to remember if you have knowledge that you have already acquired on that subject.
- The extension: if the text is very extensive, its composition must be verified in order to know how to deal with the essential parts.
During the lecture:
While you are reading you should keep in mind several topics and / or you should practice with your students / children the following:
- Create a hypothesis and an expectation of what you think will be the outcome of what you read.
- Ask if it was understood what was read
- Answer the questions about what was read
- Repeat reading in cases where no sentence or paragraph is understood.
- In the case of not knowing any word this will be a great opportunity to learn it using a dictionary.
- Read difficult parts out loud to activate memorization.
- To represent the situation that is being read with the imagination, an image often serves twice as much as a text to remember things.
Once the reading is finished it is necessary to perform a few tasks:
- Make a summary with the most important of all the text read. There may be different summaries depending on the focus you want to read or depending on the area of study.
- Use organizational charts to keep ideas as clear as possible.
The importance of the teacher in Reading Strategies Before During and After
Many young people wonder what a teacher is for if he is simply in charge of talking about things that are freely available on the internet.
But if something is true, the vast majority of the things we learn at an early age come from teaching adults, when we talk about teaching and learning they have very important roles, the first of the roles that the educator should encourage in Children is transversal learning and formal learning.
Transversal learning is given by topics that occupy a socially relevant interest, that is, issues that everyone must know to be part of an organized society. These topics are learned in all educational institutions and due to the extensive content they have, applying the reading strategies of before, during and after becomes completely necessary. As an example, such subjects can be: health education, agriculture and coexistence education.
Formal learning is that which is learned strictly in the college, institute and university, includes studies of different areas dictated by highly qualified personnel (teachers), both in knowledge of how the processes unfold as well as in the teaching process. Unlike the process of transversal or informal learning, academic learning ends once we complete our studies, since we can decide whether or not to continue higher studies, instead, with the cross-sectional study we will acquire knowledge outside of school, knowledge of “ lifetime».
Formal learning is where you will use more reading strategies since you will face long texts, such as manuals, encyclopedias, presentations, among other material like that, which will help you learn formal knowledge.
Formal learning enables you to practice a profession, therefore, it is not enough if it is not accompanied by informal learning from different areas of life, such as family and finances.
Video on Reading Strategies BEFORE DURING and AFTER:
In addition to reading strategies before during and after you may be interested:
[threecolumngallery href1 = «https://estrategiasdelectura.com/comprension/» image1 = «https://estrategiasdelectura.com/images/estrategias-de-lectura-de-comprension.jpg» alt1 = «Comprehension Reading Strategies» title1 = «Reading Comprehension Strategies» desc1 = «Reading strategies become very important when you start your studies, being essential to learn the content of a text correctly.» href2 = «https://estrategiasdelectura.com/comprensiva/» image2 = «https://estrategiasdelectura.com/images/estrategias-de-lectura-comprensiva.jpg» alt2 = «Comprehensive Reading Strategies» title2 = «Strategies Comprehensive Reading «desc2 =»
[threecolumngallery href1 = «https://estrategiasdelectura.com/global/» image1 = «https://estrategiasdelectura.com/images/estrategias-de-lectura-global.jpg» alt1 = «Global Reading Strategies» title1 = » Global Reading Strategies «desc1 =» If you are in school or want to learn how to retain everything in your memory in an effective way when you read, global reading strategies are for you. » href2 = «https://estrategiasdelectura.com/ingles/» image2 = «https://estrategiasdelectura.com/images/estrategias-de-lectura-en-ingles.jpg» alt2 = «Reading Strategies in English» title2 = «Reading Strategies in English» desc2 = «